Friday, June 02, 2006

The Importance of Kindness, Truth, and Thinking



"Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart, so you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man" (Proverbs 3:3-4).

Read this before I went to bed last night, and just marveled at the importance God places on kindness and truth. "Our Father in heaven has called us to be instruments of peace!"

As I drove into work this morning, I was praying that God would give me more love for Him so that I would bring Him more sons and daughters. I saw for a second how the marriage union reflects Christ's relationship to His church. He loves her and together they produce many offspring. Makes me think of the hymn penned by Elizabeth Prentiss, "More love to Thee."

Then I began thinking about the seriousness of marriage, and how it's a commitment for life. I thought to myself, "It is serious, therefore it should not be toyed around with!" I remember thinking I was ready at 21..."Yeah." Now I'm 29 and I'm learning things I never knew, that are helping me prepare for that very special privilege. God is so good, and has been so faithful and patient with me. He knows best...Now if I could only live out this truth (big sigh)!

In the meantime, I'll do what I know is best to do, "Trust in the LORD with all my heart and not lean on my own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all my ways and know that He will make my paths straight." God, I pray I would not be wise in my own eyes, thinking that I have a better handle on things than You. Instill a greater fear of You in my heart that would cause me to turn away from evil, even from my own deceitful hearts' desires!

"Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You. I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You" (Psalm 16:1-2).




2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Te amo muy mucho, Marcellita mia. I pray for you always, I know you just want to do what's right. I don't know what that it, so I pray God would make it clear to you.

M said...

Yo también mi amiga. Muchísimas gracias por tus oraciones. Yo también me la he pasado orando mucho por esto. Ya estoy cansada de mi pattern, y de mi impetuosidad. Que Dios bendiga tu día y una vez más gracias por haber ido conmigo a la playa conmigo la semana pasada. Un abrazo!