Friday, June 30, 2006

Places worth going back to...



On the road again...So my friend and I are off to another adventure. This time its to Monterey, CA. I'm so excited! There is so much going on in my life right now, that I think this little road trip is going to help me be still and get to know my Lord and my God better. Not only this, but I will have the privilege of enjoying sweet fellowship with my good friend "fernijen" as well. The weather is supposed to stay in the upper 60's over ther, so it will be a little cool. We're still trying to decide where to go to see fireworks. I hope we find a cool spot. I'm looking forward to people watching, walking, praying, meditating upon God's Word, laughing with and at my hilarious friend, checking out the book store/coffee shop my friend told me about, fresh coffee in the mornings, the views (oh the views!), the driving, the music we'll listen to on the way, buying trinkets for those I remember to, thinking, taking in the fresh air, and just rejoicing in God's goodness to us underserving sinners. I praise God for Jesus Christ who loved us and gave Himself for us!

It was a busy work week here at Grace to You. From Wednesday to Thursday our entire staff set aside their usual job responsibilities to pack up and ship out 12,000 free NAS MacArthur Study Bibles! Can you believe it! It is our prayer that it will be a helpful and valuable tool in the lives of many. Let's see...what else? Oh yeah, and today we had inventory.

It was a lot of fun. I got to hear some really funny jokes like this one:

A sandwich walks into a bar and the bartender says, "I'm sorry mister, but we don't serve food here."

Every day after work for the past two weeks I had also been going to a retired co-workers home to water her garden as well as the grass in her front and back yard. It was nice...especially with this heatwave we're currently experiencing in California. It is currently 107 degrees out in beautiful Valencia. I live in the San Fernando Valley which is just as hot, so Monterey is going to be cold compared to this! No worries though, I'm prepared to layer up.

When I return, I will be boxing up my stuff and moving out of my sister and her husbands home in Northridge out to Castaic, CA. I pray that God will bless this decision. I had been living with them for a little over a year now, and I thought it was time to move out. The new place is only a mile away from work so that will be nice. I'm going to miss my niece (Cutie-wootie) and nephew (Papa-love)a lot! I hope and plan to use my time wisely and make it a point to visit my family when I can.
(It's only 25 minutes away from home.)

For those of you who read my blog and pray for me, I ask that you pray that I will marinate in wisdom because I lack it! Pray too that God will be my portion and that I will get to know Him better every day. When I return I'll try to post some pictures for you all to see. Hugs-

1 comment: