Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Alan & Chela are Engaged!


Excerpt from the most recent letter Alan wrote me:

My Dearest Bride to Be,
Friday evening was the second most incredible night of my life. I love you. Every time I think of you my heart beats faster and a smile comes over my face. I praise our Lord in tears of joy that He saved us and brought us together. I wish those who are shocked about us could know what we know. I pray that they would celebrate and praise God with us in what He has orchestrated.

What can I say? I'm still in shock myself. He said to me as he knelt before me, ring in hand, that he'd be honored if I would serve the Lord with him as his wife. I closed my eyes in disbelief, praying that God would help me be the wife He wants me to be. I know how hugely important this decision is. All at once I thought about all my inadequacies. I was immediately taken back to the day that I first heard the gospel. I remember the question: "So if you were to die today and stand before God and He were ask you why He should let you into His heaven, what would you say?" My sinFULL life flashed before my eyes and I replied, "He shouldn't let me in." And then they told me about my sweet Savior, my Redeemer and friend. They shared with me what He did on the cross in my place. When I prayed I remember saying in my heart, "Lord, You know me. I'm a hypocrite, and I can't do this on my own! Nevertheless here is my life Lord, do with it what You want."

Before Alan put the ring on my finger, I closed my eyes and prayed saying, "Lord, I can't do this on my own! May I always depend on You for all I need to love & serve Alan. May we glorify You in our lives and in our love for one another!" Then came my reply: "Alan, I would be honored to serve the Lord with you as your wife."

Pray that we will do just that.

7 comments:

Tony Kevin said...

that is so terrific chella! I am so happy for you!!! I have been praying that this would day would come for you! How awesome!

Tony Kevin said...

this is tony k, by the way :)

Kate Alesso said...

My dear, sweet Marcella, I'm so excited for you! What a beautiful post about a saving God who gives His love through His Son and through others. I just can't say how happy I am. Praise the Lord! I will have to meet Alan!

Have you two set a date? I know 3 people getting married on 06.07.08, in three different states. Crazy, huh?
Love you!
P.S. What a rock! Haha!

M said...

April 26 is our official date. Please pray that our wedding would magnify our Great God & Savior Jesus Christ!

Cherie said...

Marcella,
Rick and I are SO happy for you. Our prayers are with you as you plan your wedding on April 26. Will it be at GCC? I wish I was there to share in all the excitement!
Your ring is beautiful!!!
Love,
~Cherie

M said...

Our wedding will not be taking place at GCC. It will be at a banquet hall in San Fernando, CA. We are soo excited! I'll post pictures later. Thank You for praying!

wagamama said...

I can't breathe. :o)