Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Update...

Hi Friends! Thought I'd update the blog with the most recent goings on. Thanks to all who've been praying for my little brother. His trial was postponed for the third time in a row a couple of weeks ago and was rescheduled to March 10. He wrote me recently and told me that he'd been given a Bible and that he was memorizing a couple of verses from Psalm 23. Keep praying for his salvation and that God will give wisdom to those deciding which placement school/camp he'll be going to.

In other news my sister found out that my little nephew of three years of age has epilepsy. Although it's not good news, it's an answer. The hospital that previously saw him couldn't give my sister and her husband any answers. So after having gone through much red tape, they were finally able to get Nick seen by the head neurologist at Children's Hospital in L.A. After reading his EEG and observing Nick for a while she let them know what was going on. This broke my heart. But a dear friend encouraged me with these words: "The epilepsy will be a huge tool that God uses to humble them and shape them into something more beautiful. Praise God for His foundry- I know you know what that means."

What else? Ah yes, the wedding. Alan and I are so excited about our upcoming marriage. Our premarital sessions have been a huge blessing and encouragement, and have helped us see that we are on the same page spiritually. Christ is our foundation and it's on Him that we will continue building our relationship. My dress is ready, he will be getting fitted for a tux soon, the banquet hall is booked, so is the photographer, flower concepts have been drawn, favors are decided upon, make up artist booked, RSVP's are coming in slowly but surely. Still need to do some revisions on the seating arrangements, and to get some pearl earrings. I'm thinking aloud.

My prayer is that our wedding will put our great God on the pedestal-He deserves the greatest praise..."Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O LORD, and You exalt yourself as head over all."

3 comments:

Jill Girl said...

YAY!! I LOVE YOU AND JESUS!! :) He uses you to make my heart overflow! :)

Monique said...

Hey Chela! Congrat's on your upcoming wedding. I recently found your blog through someoneelse's and then like a week later my dad told me how you met him at the airport! Crazy! He gave me your phone number but I was sick and lost my voice for 3 weeks. Anyway just dropping you a line to say hi! Email me your number (misplaced it) so we can catch up! Take care.

wagamama said...

O, wow, that's for the update on your family. I will continue praying for Joey and for Nicholas. LOVE YOU!