Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Honeymoon at the Mayan Riviera

Our honeymoon dinner, courtesy of The Sun Palace in Cancun

Lounging by the sea at Isla Mujeres

Our very romantic dinner at La Hacienda located within one of the two resorts we stayed at

A walk on the beach-check out the pelican making a swoop behind us!



Friends, we had a lovely time. We spent two weeks hanging out 24/7 and bonding. God really blessed our time. We stayed at two different resorts: 1) The Sun Palace and 2) Aventura Spa Palace. We enjoyed each other, as well as the sights. During our time at the Sun Palace we visited Chichen Itza, and Isla Mujeres where we tasted Pescado a la Tikin Shi-it's Mayan I think. It was the days fresh catch prepared with special spices and barbequed in a little hut. We'd make a special trip back to Isla Mujeres just for that fish and the fresh guacamole!
What else? Okay during our stay at Aventura Spa Palace we went to Playa del Carmen where we spent the day at a related resort (PlayaCar Palace). There we enjoyed the sun, a walk along the beach, and then some shopping. Upon our return we visited a little coffee shop located on the grounds of Aventura Spa. There we had some of the most delicious crepes ever! Alan could have had one every night we were there. I've never seen him eat so much! We both did actually. It was so fun! And finally we went snorkeling at Maroma Beach. I'd never done it before and I almost changed my mind and stayed on the boat as I stood at the edge of the boat about to jump in. But I did it, and once I got the hang of it I was like Jack Cousteau (that's what Alan said). It was a-mazing! Can't wait to do it again.
I returned to work on Tuesday of this week and missed my husband terribly. But it's so wonderful to get to see him everyday I get home! Thank you for your prayers, for your love and for just being such great friends. We love you and and thank God for every one of you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...that's all i can say

wagamama said...

It always comes back to food! :)

Blissfully Yours said...

oh man that beach looked amazing! I wanna go where the water is like that! So glad you snorkled. How fun! that's just the first of many wonderful vacations with your husband. They only get better and better.