Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Saw It!

Okay, sorry no pic. I keep forgetting to bring it in to scan it and stuff. Nevertheless...

August 4th was our first official appointment with our wonderful obstetrician Dr. Frields. I'm thankful I talked to a couple of dear friends who both encouraged and reassured me that he'd be worth the wait. We arrived there in time for our appointment ready to wait, and we did, but it wasn't long. While we waited we saw many familiar faces including a co-worker Alan and his wife who were there for their weekly appointment (I think his wife delivered the very next week after we saw her)! So we went in and his assistant prepared me and then proceeded to ask me a whole list of questions. Then my husband and I patiently waited for Dr. Frields to come in. He came in not long afterwards and greeted us and quickly got underway with my ultrasound.

I remember thinking, "I know I'm pregnant because I've been feeling so awful lately, but I won't believe it until I see..." Before I could even think of "it," there was the figure of our little baby on the screen. Wow! Amazing. A tear instantly streamed down the side of my face as my husband stood in awe. There it was, and Dr. Frields began to point out the little features and let us hear the heartbeat. We even saw it beating within the baby's chest. The doctor said, "well congratulations, you are pregnant and it looks like there's just one. Everything looks good here at 8 weeks and 4 days." Then he concluded by saying "this is the reason you've been feeling so awful, but it's a very good reason."

Dr. Frields printed off some images of our little one and off we were for blood tests all of which, praise God, came back normal. My husband and I headed off to lunch and made a few phone calls to family. I am eleven weeks along now and my next appointment is coming up around the corner. I've had a few good days sprinkled in with the toughies and am recovering what used to be a normal appetite. No longer do I crave Mediterranean food, hummus, avocados, cucumbers with lemon, or pickles give me a nice big juicy burger from Tops in Pasadena and I'm a happy camper!

I must confess that I've actually craved and had things at Taco Bell, Burger King, and McDonald's too. I never go there! But the good thing is it only happened once. Tops is a different story. Go there and you'll see for yourself. The small order of fries is huge and their burgers are great!

So Alan is convinced it's a girl, and keeps calling her by the name he and I have picked. We won't know for sure until I'm about 4 months along. Time flies. Especially when you have a "Mini Baby Countdown Clock" sitting on your curio reminding you of the looming date. It's nerve racking, but we're praying hard for wisdom a true trust and rest in the Lord no matter what. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

wagamama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wagamama said...

Woo hoo! This is wonderful and it's been fun to see your cravings on a daily basis. :) He! He!

Floyd and Celeste said...

I am glad to hear about the excitement of the little one! Keep us updated on how you are doing.

The Resident Writer said...

What makes you think it will be a "mini-baby"?

outlook fly said...

Application collection has the primary 'microsoft office' apps, nevertheless substantially modified for more rapidly, much better effects Involves the 2011 types of Shine, Microsoft office 2010 Expression, Power point, and Take on life Build high-quality docs and also sales pitches, develop effective excel spreadsheets, as well as deal with your own e-mail emails, calendar, and also friends Gives increased food selection and tools; elevated visuals and also layout functions; brand-new some time to communicating control methods; plus much more reliability along with security Features this Bow, a new machine that presents instructions prepared in a pair of tab, rather then regular menus plus tool bars . office 2010

Unknown said...

Look for much more information connected with Ms office The new year to get Macintosh personal computer like First Will take, slideshows, video tutorials, in addition to critiques, even as we pull closer to any office suite's relieve within the last 1 / 4 of your season.Ms claimed recently so it promises to examination the ad-funded model Office 2010 of Performs, right after a very extensive period associated with studying the plan. However, it really is cloudy no matter if Albany Download Office 2010 has been in which item. Microsoft Office 2010