Thursday, October 02, 2008

October is Here!

Hey friends! Can you believe it's already October? It has been so hot these past few days and I'm really hoping for it to cool down and RAIN soon. I love October. There will be many special events, and major changes taking place too. Firstly, my niece will be turning 5, her brother will be turning 4, my husband and me will be going on a babymoon for my 32nd birthday and to celebrate 6 months of marriage, and finally it will be my eighth and last year working for Grace to You.

A couple of days ago I was logging off my computer here at work thinking, "wow...I'm not going to be doing this for a long time. I'm going to be a mom!" I shared my thoughts with a friend and co-worker before leaving for home that day and she said, "you're going to love staying home! Enjoy it, and when you have your little one make the first ten years the best ever. Motherhood is for life."

I am 17 weeks now and just today I had a regular check up. "The baby is alive and kicking," the doctor said. Lord-willing we will find out the gender next month. Doctor said he'd be taking some detailed images of the baby to see if we detect anything that may be of concern, as well as figure out if it's a boy or a girl.

I'm feeling better these days and I'm able to go for less brisk walks. My husband has been such a help. God has been helping us get through adjustments and providing for all our needs. I think that besides my husband, my sister is the most excited about the coming child. Everytime she sees me she pats my tummy and before I leave she blows my tummy a kiss. She says she can't wait to babysit.

My brother Joey has been transferred to a placement school in FL, and we are continuing to pray for him, mom, dad and my youngest sister. For them to really know God and true hope in this life. I've been writing him and he gets to call us from time to time.

One funny thing I've noticed more during my second trimester is that my frontal lobe has begun malfunctioning. The other day I killed two silverfish in our downstairs bathroom and went upstairs to let my husband know he needs to spray again. I got up the stairs and said to him, "Honey, I killed two ostriches in the bathroom downstairs." You can just imagine the look on his face...yeah, stuff like that.

So I'll be home. Resting, decorating, and getting things that had to wait for the weekend to get done, done during the week. Yay! How life will change. We have no idea what it will be like, but we find ourselves praying more and more for wisdom these days. We want our home to be a sweet aroma of Christ to our child, and not only our child but to all. Thanks for your prayers!

5 comments:

Cherie said...

Marcella, I remember the day you walked into Grace to You for an interview. I was so happy to have you there. At that time you were stuck at a little desk in the corner of the mail room, apart from some of the other girls. It was always a pleasure to walk through there and see you. (boy...that seems like a very long time ago).

It's been wonderful to see you blossom and turn into this beautiful Godly woman. I am so happy for you.

I hope your transition from full time at Grace to You to full time wife and Mommy will go smoothly. With all your friends being so close, I'm sure it will. I miss my friends, but it's been fun keeping up with everyone on their blogs and facebook.

I would pat your tum and blow a kiss if I could!

~Blessings,
Cherie

Jill Girl said...

Oh! I love you and your baby! And I would laugh so hard if you told me you just killed to ostriches! I think I'm going to cry my eyes out when your little person comes... can't wait for the shower. I'm praying for you.

urdu master said...

I Like Your Pics, It's True LOVE.......

Unknown said...

Apple pc people who seem to be employed in a business atmosphere will really love these additions--if Microsoft will make these work nicely for the Apple pc.The particular Microsoft Office 2010 for Mac pc critique Office 2010 ended up being displayed with an entertainment-related celebration use simply by Milliseconds .Editor Scott Stein had a opportunity to look into the critique associated with Office 2010 Download on the program floor, also it certainly feels Master Microsoft Office 2010 of science is usually on the right track. Download Office 2010

Unknown said...

Nice Blog . Keep Going .

Welcome to Odisha . Lord Jagannath's own Land .

For more information . visit www.odialive.com .