Friday, October 26, 2007

Friends, You Are Not Chained here!

Some of you metaphorically feel chained to your desk; stay at home mom, chained to her house. Some of you are literally stuck on a hospital bed on occasion, or find yourself stuck in chemotherapy and treatment for some ailment. You may find yourself saying: "God, why am I chained here?" And God through Paul would tell you, "You are not chained here, you are in a situation where I'm bringing people into your world and giving you an opportunity to speak of Me, and to suffer like me (this is called a privilege in Scripture), and to demonstrate the difference that I {God} make in the life of a hurting person." So your suffering is not in vain, it's for your good and the good of those who are seeing and hearing of how you suffer.

-Mark Driscoll on Philippians 1:12-18

My dear friends who are suffering, I am greatly encouraged by each of you!

2 comments:

wagamama said...

I am sure I speak for all of your friends when I say, we are encouraged by you! I LOVE YOU, CHELA!

The Resident Writer said...

I second that.