Thursday, November 29, 2007

End of November...

Hi friends. Thought I'd update you on all the goings on. I'll try to keep it brief. My youngest brother (16) is still at juvenile hall. His next court date is on Dec. 20th. He gets to call home, and we got to talk to him on the evening of Thanksgiving. Told me that some people from Victory Outreach came out to bring them a nice meal and he met and heard the testimony of a former gang member. He said he was encouraged. Only parents are allowed to visit on Sunday's from 1-4. You can just imagine how hard this is for my parents. I keep telling them to stay strong, that Joey's okay.Considering the threats he's made, I think it's best he remain there. It's safer.

Thanksgiving was good. Spent it with family and friends. I'm so thankful for God's mercies that are new every morning. Learning so much about my sin, God's grace, Jesus Christ, the salvation we have in Him that can never be revoked, the enemy within, my half-heartedness, God's faithfulness and unchanging love, prayer and doing it with faith-not with a defeatist attitude, that I'm still hurting over my parents' divorce, that I don't want to lose my parents and that because I know I will-I don't get close to them. So I'm missing out-BUT God has shown me these things and I'm praying that He'll correct my wrong thinking, and teach me to love without fear.

The friends God has graced my life with have been such a blessing too. One friend reminded me of God's great love that pursues us until the very end, another friend that we're heavenbound, another friend that "He is moving us into that house where every expectation will be far surpassed and the ugly features of our deteriorating bodies will be replaced with divine designs. We will be home. Home because that is where He is and by faith I know it will be far better."

Brothers and sisters, lets be people who really care about one anothers souls! Thank you friends for bearing your hearts to me, for your prayers, probing questions and your listening ears.

Praise God for the Spirit in us that catapults us into God's presence. Whether it be painful affliction, sorrows, thankful rejoicing, or anxiety over the unknown...He just knows how to get us to draw near to Him.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

4 comments:

wagamama said...

Yes, perfect love casts out fear.

My dear friend, when the refining fire is at its hottest, remember the end and rejoice that the dross in your life is being skimmed off and soon the divine goldsmith will be able to see His reflection in you, and He will say, "well done good and faithful servant."

Tony Kevin said...

Chella, tk here.

I am constantly blown away by your wonderful attitude. Thank you for seeing the goodness of Christ in all the hard circumstances. I am definitely praying for you and your family. Thanks for updating us and please, keep on postin! :)

The Resident Writer said...

Te amo, mi amiga. Me alegro que Dios es eseñándote tanto. Quiero ayudarte y edificarte en cuanto puede.

Anthony said...

I love the rib one below! That's pretty good. Anywho, thank you for the kind words on my blog. Have fun in Florida Chela!! God bless you!