Tuesday, January 08, 2008

long time no post

hello dear friends. life does seem to gush at you at times doesn't it? here it is already about the 10Th of January and I'm playing catch up. where do i start? God. he is so good...lately I've been being reminded of the simplicity and the great power of the cross. the gospel. it is essential. i can't move anywhere from that. he redeemed us from the curse of the law! I'll never forget the first time someone presented the gospel to me. i thought to myself, "it's by faith? that's it? no way! there has to be something that i need to do..." mind you, i came out of the Catholic church where salvation is works based.

salvation is by God's grace, through God-given faith in Jesus Christ alone. and who is Jesus Christ? God. i believe this. i really, really do. nevertheless i fight every day. i know my brothers and sisters in Christ are tracking with me here. i strive and fight to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. i believe, therefore i want to obey. oh i fail. but the Lord doesn't leave me on the ground. He picks me up and gives me the grace sufficient for each day's battle.

Joey is still in juvenile hall. he has a court date coming up on February 21st. pray for him, he's been pretty bummed because his court date keeps getting postponed. in the midst of it all though, the Lord has provided a witness-a chaplain who did some serious time from the age of 13-21. the Lord saved him and is now using him to share the gospel with these young men. it is a special ministry indeed. i praise God for him!

Christmas was spent with family, and New Year's was spent in Florida with a very special man the Lord has brought into my life named Alan. he has been an incredible encouragement and blessing. more to come on that later. for now, join me in praying for the salvation of my parents and youngest siblings, for guidance, wisdom and a true & resting trust in God.

2 comments:

wagamama said...

Thanks for the constant reminder that God is a good and graciousi God. I love you, friend, and I am praying.

Cherie said...

Hi Marcella,
I'm anxious to hear more about Alan. I've enjoyed your blog and catching up on your life.
Greetings from Ohio.
~Cherie~ (we were co-workers at GTY)